Saturday, May 5, 2007

I tore ligaments on my upper arm and shoulder

Last week, I tore ligaments on my upper arm and shoulder while transferring my mom from her wheelchair to her bed. It hurt as badly as the time when my humerus was broken during a football (soccer) match.

Spent most of this past week meditating on

James 1:2-4
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

After spending nights and days asking the Lord, "Why? What are you trying to teach me with this injury?", and listening to His spirit speak through his Words, it became apparent what He desired for me.

Because He has blessed me with many strengths, I had become more and more reliant on those strengths and less and less on His. Because of my confidence in my strengths, I ask what can I do for the Lord and not what is He calling me to do. As I do so, my walk has become more and more a walk by myself and not a walk with Him.

No comments: