Monday, August 7, 2006

Concluding My "Theology of Christian Discipleship" Discussion

In my initial post, I asserted that because of predestination, we are saved before the creation.

Ephesians 1:4-5
4 For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love
5 he predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will

Someone asked, "Why would Paul write what he said to the Roman church in Romans 10:9-10? ... If they were already saved, Paul wouldn't have had to tell them to confess or believe.

My response was:

It's a matter of perspectives. Yes, the requirement is that one has to believe and confess in order to be saved. You get no argument from me on that. However, if God predestined the elect, an unilateral covenant, he would fulfill it (as good as done). Just like Abraham was saved before Jesus died on the cross.

To close this topic, someone posted the following:

While a cat is not saved until
the fireman climbs up and sets him free,
I have never seen a cat skeleton
in the branches of a tree.

No comments: