Friday, December 29, 2006

Pandora

As most of you know, my favorite past time is looking for new or little known recording artists who are not promoted by the big record labels. Before my mom had a stroke, I used to have to time to visit clubs to hear them. Now that I spend most of my time taking care of my mom, opportunities for visiting clubs are slim.

I've been browsing MySpace for artists on MySpace, but it's pretty time consuming since it's a "hit or miss" situation in which it's mostly misses.

Well, I found a fantastic web site for looking for new artists that match your taste in music.

It's http://www.pandora.com

There, you can create a "radio station" (list of artists that you like) and it'll start playing artists whose style is similar to those on the list.

It uses the data from the Music Genome Project to select music for that "radio station".

It's great if you are just starting to get into a genre of music.

You can create more than one "radio station" if your favorite music spans a plethora musical styles.

Oh, I almost forgot: it's FREE!!!!

No comments: