Thursday, June 14, 2007

Learning 2 Corinthians 12:9, again.

With all the stuff with which I have to deal (taking of my mom who had a stroke, taking of my brother who has a chemical imbalance, my diminished kidney function, my torn ligament on my right shoulder/upper arm, etc.), just when I thought it couldn't get worse, an extremely heavy security door at work slammed on my hand, today.

WHY, LORD? How much more do I have to take?

2 Corinthians 12:9
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Your grace is sufficient? What is that supposed to mean? I'm in agony here! My entire right arm from my shoulder down to my fingers is throbbing with pain!!!!!

The Lord is right, of course. My body will tolerate the pain and adjust to the limited mobility. Both will diminish in time.

But most importantly, the boundaries of what I thought I can withstand is once again expanded.

No comments: