Thursday, May 18, 2006

I can't start my car because of stupid people

The last several months, I've been having problem starting my car. Sometimes it would start up right away; sometimes, I would have to move my gear shift around first before the car would start; somtime, it just wouldn't start. I've taken the car back to the dealership several times without getting problem resolved. Yesterday, the mechanic at the dealership had an epiphany, "It's the neutral safety switch!!!"

I asked, "The what?"

Evidently, these days, they've been putting into the car (and we pay for it) a switch which prevents you from starting the car if the car is not in neutral (or park).

Because, there are stupid people, out there, who start their car without putting their gear in neutral (or park), the auto industry started putting these idiot boxes into their cars to avoid liability suits brought by these same stupid people.

Anyway, the neural safety switch on my car is not working and now I can't start my car.

Bottom line: Stupid people made the auto industry put an idiot box (that I don't need) into my car, make me pay for that idiot box, and now that very same idiot box, that I didn't want in there first place, is preventing my car from starting.

No comments: